by Dr. Michael Baranov, PT, August 20, 2015
Quality of life is inherently affected by the absence or presence of pain. This can particularly be the case when it comes to neck pain. Your neck supports your head and is therefore in almost constant use. It’s easy to understand why this nagging pain can impact just about every aspect of your life. So, if you have this problem, rest assured, there’s hope if you seeking out the care of a neck pain specialist in Ditmas Park. Below, we will review some basic information about neck pain.
Some of the causes of neck pain are:
- Injuries such as car accidents that sprain or strain the muscles or soft tissues of the neck
- Wearing of joints caused by age as well as arthritic conditions
- Muscle strains caused by occupational procedures or even every day actions
- No matter the reason for your pain, we know that neck pain can affect every aspect of your life and you deserve relief.
Regardless of the cause of neck pain, it makes sense to first try conservative care in the form of physical therapy. While most take a pill, that isn’t necessarily a healthy way to go about it. In fact, a recent FDA stated that taking simple pain pills like ibuprofen or naproxen can increase your risk of heart attack. Here’s that report summary:
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is strengthening an existing label warning that non-aspirin nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) increase the chance of a heart attack or stroke. Based on our comprehensive review of new safety information, we are requiring updates to the drug labels of all prescription NSAIDs. As is the case with current prescription NSAID labels, the Drug Facts labels of over-the-counter (OTC) non-aspirin NSAIDs already contain information on heart attack and stroke risk. We will also request updates to the OTC non-aspirin NSAID Drug Facts labels.
Patients taking NSAIDs should seek medical attention immediately if they experience symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath or trouble breathing, weakness in one part or side of their body, or slurred speech.
Clearly, it makes sense to see a physical therapist first before you increase your risk of heart problems!
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from our physiotherapists here in Ditmas Park:
- Careful evaluation of your specific problems, needs and goals, along with thorough testing, to develop a personal program that works for you; we want your input and we will discuss all aspects of your condition with you.
- Access to top of the line treatment for your neck pain including neck mobilization and laser treatment; our goal is to see you experience immediate as well as long-term relief.
- Knowledgeable staff that cares about you,
- Doctors determined to help you decrease your pain…we love seeing the smiles on our patients’ faces as they gain relief.
Don’t delay any longer. Contact us to find out how a neck pain specialist in Ditmas Park will help you get relief from your pain and get back the quality of life you deserve.